Sunday, September 23, 2007

Grilled Haddock

I try to eat seafood at least once a week. If I am not the one making it, then I can just go to my parent's fish and chip shop and satisfy the craving there. Grilled haddock is easy, good for you and delicious. So there's no excuses for not being able to make it at home.

1. Get 4 haddock fillets. On both sides add plenty salt and pepper and olive oil.
2. To bread them, have 2-thirds flour and 1-third non-flavored dry breadcrumbs in a dish. (Sometimes I use the Italian ones too.)
3. In another dish, have an egg or 2 and a little bit of milk.
4. Lightly coat the fillets in the egg mixture and then lightly bread it in the flour mix. 5. Take the haddock to a preheated grill or pan that has been brushed with olive oil.
6. Don't flip or mess with it until one side is nice and golden - 3-5 mins.
7. After the flip, add some lemon juice -- from a real lemon -- not that plastic coffin thing! You can also drizzle some olive oil on the top too.

The haddock turned out great --- it has never really failed me. We had some veggies, bread and a salad to complete the meal...beautiful!
I didn't have any feta for the salad...but it was still great for dunking the bread!

1 comment: