Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Chocolate Peanut Butter Confetti



To prepare for the holidays, I decided to get my treats ready early and freeze them. My family and I are doing a cookie swap, and I wanted to make sure there was no stressing over what to bake for Christmas. I turned to the Company's Company cookbook series, and selected this square from Best Loved Treats. The recipe was called Butterscotch Confetti, but I altered it to resemble another square that I had tried before. FOr a colourful and tasty treat, try this out.

1 Cup Semi Sweet Chocolate (or 6 baking sqaures)
1/2 Cup Smooth Peanut Butter
1/4 Cup Butter

8oz package of multi-colored min marshmallows

Melt the first 3 ingredients. I accidentally used 1 cup of peanut butter--but it still worked! I melted these items in a saucepan at a low temperature. Remove from heat once everything is melted. When the pan is cool to the touch, add the marshmallows and stir evenly. Firmly press mixture into a 9 by 9 inch pan, and chill to set. Delicious!

1 comment:

  1. i love those squares! our grammie used to make the butterscotch version.

    ReplyDelete